The Session of Christ Alone Church is excited to announce that we are starting to re-open the church this week!
We will begin the re-opening by holding our study of The Pilgrim’s Progress in Fellowship Hall on Wednesday, starting at 6:00 PM. We will have a Zoom meeting set up for attendees who are not feeling well, or who are not able or ready to attend in person.
We will resume worshiping in person next week Sunday, May 24 at 10:00 AM. Sunday School will be resumed at a later date. (Note: we will be live-streaming the service and will record the sermon at the time of the service, and it will be available later in the day on Sunday.)
To these ends, the Session has developed the following guidelines (also available in PDF format):
In the interest of our church family’s well-being, compliance with CDC/WIDHS/BCPH/WEDC recommendations, and our Christian witness to an unbelieving world, we ask everyone to observe the following guidelines:
- If you are sick or have symptoms of sickness, we ask that you stay home. We will be live-streaming our services and will continue to record the sermon and post it on our website.
- We will have the main doors propped open, weather permitting. (The north door will not be available, and we ask that you enter and exit through the main doors.)
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering.
- We recommend (but are not requiring) the use of face masks, and encourage you to bring your own, or you can use a disposable face mask provided (note: disposable masks may not be available until the June 6 service).
- We encourage you to bring your own Bible. The Scripture passages will also be projected on the screens as a part of the normal projection.
- Please sit in the marked pew rows; we ask that there be one family group per pew and non-related individuals sit 6 feet apart.
- We ask that parents accompany children while in the building, or if they are in the nursery, that they remain there until picked up by their parents.
- At this time, we ask that non-physical greetings (waving, smiling) be employed.
- The offering will be collected in a drop box at the rear of the Sanctuary. If you need an offering envelope, please ask, and we will provide one.
- Only food-safe certified people are allowed in kitchen areas.
- When the service is concluded, we will dismiss people row by row, and we ask that when you are dismissed, you proceed to your car.
- For the foreseeable future, we are not going to have fellowship time following the service.
Precautions which we are taking:
- The building has been thoroughly cleaned prior to reconvening in-person worship, and will be cleaned weekly.
- Commonly touched surfaces will be wiped down following each service.
- There will be an offering drop box used rather than offering plates.
- Communion will be prepared using food safety procedures – both the bread and the juice will be placed in communion cups, and will be placed on a table at the front of the Sanctuary for individuals to take.
Thank you in advance for all your effort and cooperation to help us enjoy closer fellowship in the LORD!